- Prof. Renfa Li
- Department of Information and Computer Studies, Hunan University,Changsha, China.
Website | E-mail
Special Issue Introduction
The Cyber-Physical Systems (CPSs) emerged just over a decade ago as an attempt to unify the emerging application of embedded computer and communication technologies to a variety of physical domains, including aerospace, automotive, chemical production, civil infrastructure, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, materials, and transportation. The CPSs are used across domains to enable process optimization and functionality previously unavailable. The combination of networked digital systems and analog physical processes creates unique characteristics that change the way security theory is applied. Neither network nor physical security concepts can protect CPS alone because cross-effects can introduce unexpected vulnerabilities. For example, a physical attack can damage or reveal the information a device is processing, while a cyber attack can cause a physical failure with real-world consequences. Therefore, security and privacy are key issues in the design, development, and operation of CPS. This particular issue focuses on novel and innovative research findings, whether of theoretical or applied nature, in the field of cyber-physical systems for cybersecurity, privacy, and resilience.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
● The security and privacy of CPS in different domains, such as smart grids, medical devices, manufacturing, industrial control systems, etc.
● Self-adaptive techniques for improving security and privacy in CPSs
● Lightweight cryptography for CPSs
● Authentication and access control for CPS
● CPS user interfaces for security and privacy purposes
● Security and privacy situational awareness in CPSs
● Security protocols for CPSs
● Big data security for CPSs
● Blockchain use in CPSs
● Optimization of security and privacy solutions for CPSs
● Security-level implementation and computational strategies
● Attacks that directly tamper with physical elements in the CPS
● New attacks on CPSs, especially side-channel attacks, and countermeasures
Submission Deadline25 Dec 2022